Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just installed the Roku stick which I got as a gift.

Customer Question
I just installed the...

I just installed the Roku stick which I got as a gift. Followed instructions to insert into my tv. The remote does not connect with the Roku....??

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

No, it's dark and I already switched it to HDMI

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

To the tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so...I'm not a techie, so keep it simple.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/4/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

I have changed the connection to be into an outlet instead, and I still have no connection with the remote...no instructions on the TV screen as a result.

On the TV, do you see an INPUT button? Press that button and it will cycle to the correct HDMI port for your ROKU stick.