Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a slingbox solo and I cannot get the remote to work.

Customer Question
I have a slingbox...

I have a slingbox solo and I cannot get the remote to work. I have replaced the IR cables, check port forwarding and have setup for internet viewing. Any suggestions

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

It is windows 10 asus

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It has been going on for quite a while. Have tried everuthing. Set up for bell 9242 pvr, setup internet viewing, check port forwarding and have also tried ner IR cABLES FROM MY OTHER SLINGBOX

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am a bit frustrated but I suppose thAT IS NATURAL

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/4/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Let me tell you what I have done. If you feel that you can resolve the issue I would like to continue. I am not being rude but I have done a lot and I want to make sure that you aware of it.
1. Rebooted slingbox solo with a hard reset as well as unplugging it and starting again.
2. I am set up with a component video set as well as a red and white audio hook up. I have replaced these both to try but no change
3. I have replaced the IR cables but no change.
4. I have set up my slingbox as per instructions, set up program guide to correspond with our area.
5. I have set up the remote for the Bell 9242 satellite receiver. I have tried just about every receiver to get it to work. I have the 9242 receiver and the remote is identical to their picture.
6. I have checked my linksys EA6300 modem with port forwarding and my slingbox is there with a IP number.
7. When I go to remote viewing to set up it will load up to about 80% and then quickly reverts to the previous set up page.
8. When I press the virtual remote the picture will pause for about 1 to 2 seconds and then continue to show the picture with nothing changing.
9. The picture is streaming and working well through the slingbox but the virtual remote won't work.Sorry for the overkill.
Thanks Tim
Could you please just refund my 64.00. If I pay another 35.00 I can almost buy a new slingbox. I suppose I was not aware of this format. I am not trying to get something for nothing but this problem is not big enough to spend all this money.
Sorry for the inconvience