Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Roku XD system which is quite old. When I go to see…

Customer Question
I have a Roku...

I have a Roku XD system which is quite old. When I go to see programs on Netflix and want Closed Captions I don't have that option. When I go to Roku Settings I am not offered the option either. Do I have to purchase a new system?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

I get ROKU and then when I hit HOME I get the options like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon etc.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

I am not sure because I didn't set it up. I think it is connected to the TV

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

No, I got tired of waiting and went to a nearby Target and bought a new Roku Express and just finished setting it up. It has what I need to get the closed captions on programs I want to watch. Please de-activate my trial membership. I do not want to be charged for forgetting to cancel. I doubt that I would ever use your services. Thank you.