Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a defender dvr Model#21012 has began to cut off and…

Customer Question
I have a defender...

I have a defender dvr Model#21012 has began to cut off and then reboot back on. I have replaced both 12v adapters to cameras which has 12.47 volts. I have disconnected all cables and formatted the dvr and plugged all back in and it still brings up the red H and cuts on and off.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your camera?

Defender cameras. Its ok until I plug and one camera in. I did change one out a year ago.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your camera?

I have 8 cameras. After formatting and plugging either one in the red H appears and the dvr starts cutting off periodically.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/4/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

I still need an answer.
No. I'd rather have the solution thru text so that I can maintain it.

How old is the DVR?

3 years old.
I still don't have an answer to my problem.

It sounds like the DVR may have an internal failure.

Have you spoken to Defender?