Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I recently purchased a Roku streaming stick from Amazon, not…

Customer Question
I recently purchased a...

I recently purchased a Roku streaming stick from Amazon, not realizing that the TV I intended to use it on did not have a USB port. Is there an adapter for this situation?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

That is what I am saying - I cannot attach it.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

I do not have a digital media player connected to this TV. Is this necessary or is there some other way to use this streaming stick?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Yes, ANY external USB charger will work (the type that come with many cell phones, and other USB charging devices). You can also purchase one at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Radio Shack, or at the link below.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Cancel request. I have returned the roku stick to Amazon. Please remove the charge. At this point I have received no answer and no longer need
one.

I don't handle anything billing related or with cancellations. You would do that yourself using the site help pages.