Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a DVD player, SDVD1332, that is several years old and…

Customer Question
I have a DVD...

I have a DVD player, SDVD1332, that is several years old and it's control buttons are quirkey -- they usually don't do what they purport to do. I have a remote, but I can't get the battery port open and it doesn't make the DVD player do anything. QUESTION: How can I get a new remote assuming my player works with one?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your SDVD1332?

I don't remember -- it is at least 2 years old, maybe even 5

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your SDVD1332?

I can usually get it to work with the built in buttons, BUT often the "menu" button turns on the "mute". The Volume + button turns the volume to "00" and turns off the "play". The play button sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. The select segment ring sometimes moves up when I press down, sometimes fast forward. etc

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I just think I may need to get a working remote controller.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Because of the age, the original remote is no longer available,

but you can get a compatible replacement (same functions, but looks a bit different) here: http://amzn.to/2CtpmSe

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nothing needed. I cancelled membership

Thank you. The question shows as open on my end which is why I was checking in.

This is separate from any membership.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Technician