Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My new roku ultra has a problem when it is left sitting

Customer Question
My new roku ultra...

My new roku ultra has a problem when it is left sitting after watching something using it. When I return to it it will show a double screen (side by side) of the home screen, either immediately or also after I push the home screen button when the aquarium is displayed.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Ultra

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I can watch everything on netflix and amazon The problem goes away when I unplug the HDMI cable from the unit

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

This may be caused by a problem with the TV rather than the Roku.

What is the make and model number of your TV?

Have you tried using a different TV or a different HDMI port on your TV?

Is the Roku connected directly to the TV?

Can you attach a picture of what you are seeing?

The unit is a Sony XBR 75X940DI have changed HDMI ports and changed HDMI cables as well
  1. Is the Roku connected directly to the TV?
  2. Can you attach a picture of what you are seeing?
  3. Can you test the Roku on a different TV?