Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I connect my sons ipod to iTunes it tells me "iTunes…

Customer Question
When I connect my...

When I connect my sons ipod to iTunes it tells me "iTunes count not connect to this ipod an unknown error has occured

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your Apple device?

Just downloaded latest about 15 min ago

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

Weve done it a few times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My son forgot his passcode and he tried so many times that he is permanently locked out

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPod in iCloud or Computer?The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPod which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPod.

Honestly we do but we don’t care if the device is erased. He just wants to get back on it and when I connect to iTunes and do hard restart on the iPod the same message occurs
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Do you aware of the Apple ID and password ***** is associated with the iPod? Because after doing the reset on the iPod. Activation lock will appears in the screen, So with the registered apple ID or password ***** can access your iPod.

Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Now, Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.

Done
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.