Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My turntable does not rotate. The belt does have tension,

Customer Question
My turntable does not...

My turntable does not rotate. The belt does have tension, the cpstan spine but the table does not move. What is wrong. It is a model fr-4060

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your FR-4060?

1976 and I did replace the belt approx. 5 yrs ago

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Just cleaning the cpastan and lubing the rubber tipps the table rides on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No. It was working approx 3 yrs ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/1/2018
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 7 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

Hi welcome to just answer.

What happens when you move the pick-up arm? Do you hear any motor noise?

the arm does move, but the table will not turn
Would you be able to remove the plater to perform belt inspection?

To take the plater off, remove the rubber mat, then remove the c-clamp that holds the metal plater in place. Use a flat head screw driver to remove c-clamp. Be sure to protect the clip from flying off the plater as it is small. The pull the plater vertically up and remove it. You can see whether the belt is broken or it is off the driver motor.

Would like to talk over the phone to see what we can do?