Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a rather old Sony compact disk player, model # HCD…

Customer Question
I have a rather...

I have a rather old Sony compact disk player, model # HCD EC55 and somehow the discs are stuck in the player. I can hear it working trying to eject, but it doesn't.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

It is a Sony - its about 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony media player?

I have tried turning it to see if I can shake the disks into place, but to no avail. I think the discs are not seated in the player. It was moved to a new location recently and must have been jostled.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Why do I need a Video Expert? I just need some instruction on how to get the disk tray out of the player

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Ok. Assist away
I have already sent money. Let's see if you can text me thro this so far I have not received any help

Hi Raymond, try unplugging the system, then press and hold the EJECT button on the player (not on the remote) and continue to hold it whilst plugging the system in at the wall.

Let me know if that forces the discs to eject?

No, it did not force the disc to eject. The tray is still closed

If that didn't work then the discs will need to be retrieved manually by removing the cover.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

Please ensure you are logged in to submit the rating on your question page.

Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------