Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I am able to access the Roku screen showing a backdrop of…

Customer Question
I am able to...

I am able to access the Roku screen showing a backdrop of city buildings and moving across the screen are misc. ads for showtime, fix movies etc. what I am unable to do is get into the larger menu that has netflix etc. etc. where I make the ultimate movie choice.

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

I am on my desktop now

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I cannot think of anything at the moment, there may be a question after connection

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Which model Roku do you have here and was it working before?

Hello are you there and do you need assistance with this???

I need to know what model Roku (Roku 2, 3, Premiere, etc.) you have so I can tell you how to reset it, and I also need to know the rough age of the Roku so we can see if the remote batteries needs to be replaced. Solving this requires communication, so if you want to sort this- reply back.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not know which Roku model I have. I have a TN that seems to be connected directly to the computer and I use the Roku hand device to get into roku

Okay then I can't help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When will the expert call, I have things to do
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please do not have technician call me, I have called another local technician. Thank you
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Technician

I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out. The prior tech opted out, I apologize that he did not explain what was happening.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The home screen is on showing Netflix cbs etc

Okay that sounds like it progressed from what you saw previously. Are you not able to use the arrow left/right buttons to highlight netflix for example, and press ok to select it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No l and r buttons do not respond

Did you go through the complete reset process I mentioned earlier?
If so, please repeat once more, but this time use the little button (usually black or purple) inside the battery compartment of the roku remote

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I went thru your instructions. I can not locate a button in battery compartment

There is always a button there, it is small (not under the batteries, but under the cover), may be purple, gray, green, or black. Small, smaller than the tip of a pencil eraser.

Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Systems Engineer replied 1 month ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Systems Engineer
Phone call session started

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Harry, Customer Service