Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Roku my son installed for me. Is it wise for me to…

Customer Question
I have a Roku...

I have a Roku my son installed for me. Is it wise for me to go to my Xfinity "friends and say I only want internet? Would just the Roku serve us for casual TV without the cable. Will in need the router or could I purchase one of my own?

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Let me check

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Streaming Stick????

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/31/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 6 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
Yes, you cut your cable and use roku in place of cable Tv. You should also get an antenna for local channels and news.
If you get internet only the cable company should provide you a router.