Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a zenith var/dvd combo and there is a dvd in it. I…

Customer Question
I have a zenith...

I have a zenith var/dvd combo and there is a dvd in it. I cannot get the eject button to work. How can I get the dvd out without wrecking the machine?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Zenith and it is at least 8 years old

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

I have tried hitting the button, and I have tried manually opening the door and gently trying to pry the tray out.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/31/2017
Electronics Technician: green-owl, Engineer replied 6 months ago
green-owl
green-owl, Engineer

Hi. You did not gave me the full model number of the unit but this video might be of interest to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nngXa9Y4YdY

Let me know how it goes and don't forget to rate me if you found the tip useful.

The model is xbv 713
I have no idea how to take the whole thing apart like it is when the video started, so alas, that YouTube link is not helpful. Is there a release button like on some players? Where you stick the end of a paper clip in and it pops open?

All computer optical reader have a pinhole for that, not all consumer stand alone player do sadly.

I looked at the service manual the closest to that one and it does not cover the disassembly instruction other than an exploding view, the one you have is probably the same (i don't have the SM for the one you have).

A trick to dissasemble something is to start with the bigger part and go one step at a time. Take picture of where the stuff goes or make a video if you fear of not being able to put it back together.

I really think you may suffer the same broken band as fault like this carry on many model of a same manufacturer. The front part is usually what need to be removed. Expect clips and perhaps some screws. You should not have trouble to remove the top and t is the first part to remove. You have no security problem if you remove the AC power cord, no big residual tention remain in those player (unlike CRT TV).