Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a purple screen and an HDCP notice. I disconnected…

Customer Question
I have a purple...

I have a purple screen and an HDCP notice . I disconnected the ROKU from power and modem for about two minutes with no result. Help

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

I am not sure. I bought it about two years ago at Best Buy. It was the cheapest one.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Mainly HULU. Some times VUDU. Other than that I experiment more than anything else. I was trying HULU when this happened.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and Roku power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I tried that with no result

Just to clarify, did you rebooted the TV as well?

If so, please try a different HDMI cord to connect the Roku to the TV and reply back with the result

You do not seem to be able to comprehend what I am saying I have already tried these things as I said previously. I tried the basics before I attempted this farce. Please credit my card the five dollars that I have wasted here.

Contact customer service via help link on the main page of the website for any billing issue

Thanks