Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

One of our network channels (antenna access) dropped off…

Customer Question
One of our network...

One of our network channels (antenna access) dropped off yesterday. I have done a new channel search several times and the channel still will not appear. The channel is for CBS. (channel 5.1 in San Antonio, TX)

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Not sure of the model. It's my mother's TV and I'm not there right now. It is a Roku TV - purchased about 6 months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. All other of the network channels that we normally get are still appearing after a channel search - just CBS is not.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The strength of the antenna channel signals can vary due to environmental factors.

If the signal has got weaker, you could try adding a signal booster to pick it up again:

https://www.amazon.com/Channel-Master-Distribution-Amplifier-Antenna/dp/B001PI09SE/

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating.

Pete.