Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a new 4k tv and I have the Roku ultra but I keep

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new 4k tv and I have the Roku ultra but I keep getting a message HCDP is not supported what does this mean

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

It just says HCDP is not supported

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

You mean my Roku it is connected to the HDMI

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want to know why I get this message is there something I am doing wrong

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

What is the model number of the tv?

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,