Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought a new Roku and am going to give my son the old one.

Customer Question
Hi! I bought a...

Hi! I bought a new Roku and am going to give my son the old one. I would like to know how to take my information off my old Roku?

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Bo a7 37 49 ec 99

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Model rc13

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- What is written on old Roku box, is it Roku-2 or Roku-3 ?

The box that it came in?

No, on top of Roku device, if it is a box like

It just says Roku
It's a stick that plugs into my HDMI and has a remote.
Do you even know what a Roku is?

Yes, sir, I know it

mam

OK mam, it needs to reset the device to delete the old info in its memory, please find a reset button on side of Roku stick, it needs to insert an object in Reset hole on Roku stick to push the reset button for 5 seconds while Roku power is ON to restore it to default settings.

Please reply back with the result

I've done this before and it never reset it to default. It just resets the device, so that it will work again.

OK, then go to Roku Home screen then go to Settings and look for Reset option to restore it to default settings

Question got closed?