Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Roku 3 and the Roku screen appears, but the remote…

Customer Question
We have a Roku...

We have a Roku 3 and the Roku screen appears, but the remote doesn't do anything. We've replaced the batteries. Thanks, Rick

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes, the usual screen of options like Netflix etc

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

It's power i connected to an outlet but the HDMI cable is in place. The light on the front of the rook is lit.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

On the back of the Roku box- locate the power cord and remove it for 10 seconds, then plug it back in and see if the remote responds.

If it does not, then- just below the power cord inlet, locate the recessed reset button and use a paperclip to press and hold that for 8 seconds and release. Give the box a minute to reboot and the remote should then pair. This resets the box to defaults and requires setup as if it were new however.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?