Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How can I block the ads in my Roku Express using my

Customer Question
How can I block...

How can I block the ads in my Roku Express using my Centurylink Actiontec1000a router?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your ACTIONTEC1000A?

? Two or so years.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ACTIONTEC1000A?

I have looked in the advanced set up and found how to block services such as instant messenger. However, I can't find this this service listed--unless it is called something I do not recognize.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

What else is there to know?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

It isn't possible to block just the ads in a Roku Express by changing your router's settings - it is impossible to block them without blocking the videos as well.

When you block IM, you block all IMs.

When you block ads, you block all videos.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------