Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just tried to start watching Season Six of GoT from a

Customer Question
brand new, sealed set of...
I just tried to start watching Season Six of GoT from a brand new, sealed set of the full season I bought many months ago on Amazon and my DVD player won't play the first disc. Disc 2 and the others play, however. I got another set of the same season from the public library and the first disc from that set won't play, either. Discs from all previous seasons of GoT play fine on my player and all other DVD discs play without problems, too. It seems to be only disc one of the 6th season of GoT. My player is a multi-zone Phillips (DVP3982) that I have had for about six years. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No, I think I fixed it myself. I had tried several things to overcome the problem with no success, but but just as I was asking your service for help, I remembered about power cycling, which I do occasionally to fix issues with my iPhone. So, I unplugged the player from power, waited a bit, then re-connected and tried the previously recalcitrant disc. It now works. So, apparently, "re-booting" the player by power cycling fixed it. If I have further problems I will contact you. I tried to cancel my paid request shortly after I submitted it because i had made this correction myself, but I didn't hear hear back.