Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Found a JVC QL-F4, it turns to fast(45 sp),also it has funny…

Customer Question
Found a JVC QL-F4...

Found a JVC QL-F4, it turns to fast(45 sp),also it has funny record size knob,30,25,and17.Speed select doesn't do anything

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your QL-F4?

Just a few days,off a auction

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your JVC product?

Powers up,plays in stereo,but turns to fast(45 speed ?),and speed control doesn't do anything

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

JVC rs-33 receiver,2 Bose spks

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your RS-33?

Every thing works

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I do have knowledge,because of a NEI degree from the late 80s

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...JVC QL-F4..."

The described symptom "...turns to fast...speed control doesn't do anything..." would point to an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

First off, sorry for the delay,stupid bank.So yes,handy with both,multimeter,and iron
Not for the fee

Great on the DIY!
Please post back with clear pictures of the inside circuit board both component side and trace side. Click HERE.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.

I have some work to do then,can we continue tommorow?

I understand.

And yes please; tomorrow or when conveniently able.

I need to ask a tech a couple things about a JVC QL-F4 turntable

Hi again and welcome back to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I started assisting you last December.

...or would you prefer a second opinion / alternate approach by another member of the site?

Hi again, I put a meter on the power circuit,and I didn't get a DC voltage out of the transformer,AC in but nothing out. Is that possible,and still have turn to fast?

The transformer's output would also be AC; 33V.

It would only be DC after the bridge diodes D810 ~ D813.

It would be 22.0V DC after the emitter of regulator transistor X815 and 5.22V after the emitter of X814.

As a preliminary test, please check the above voltages.

I will,have to charge phone now let you know tommorow

I understand; tomorrow or when able.

Hi, I got just 2.8 ac out of the transformer,and barely even 1 v DC past the supply diodes

As posted sometime ago, pictures please....of the circuitry and even the multi-meter.

Thanks.