Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

MY CD/DVD PLAYER MDLDVP-NC655P READS NO DISK WITH 5 DVDS…

Customer Question
MY CD/DVD PLAYER MDLDVP-NC655P...

MY CD/DVD PLAYER MDLDVP-NC655P READS NO DISK WITH 5 DVDS LOADED. I HEAR AN INTERNAL NOISE LIKE THE LASER IS TRYING TO READ DISK. IT WILL AFTER AWHILE SWITCH DISKS WITH SAME PROBLEM

Technician's Assistant: How old is your MDLDVP-NC655P?

MAYBE 10 YEARS

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your MDLDVP-NC655P?

OPENED CASE LOOKED FOR DUST . SEEMED VERY CLEAN . PUT COVER BACK ON AND IT FOUND DISK TWO TIMES AND THEN SAME PROBLEM

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

The laser appears dark should it not be visible? Would a replacement laser be available for a unit this old?

No, it is not visible to the naked eye, and if it is functional and you try to look at it while running it will damage your eyes.

Parts are not available for this system and to have it repaired would cost twice what the system is worth. Really the only feasible option here is to replace the entire system. It is well over triple its service life at this point (2002 model) and simply not worth fixing.

You'd be much better off replacing it with a new bluray player. Here is one I"d suggest , if you opt to go that route: http://amzn.to/2EpKRkV

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,