Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a roku streaming stick device. The stick I can get a…

Customer Question
I have a roku...

I have a roku streaming stick device. The stick I can get a light from it and it is working, but when I hold the the reset button on the remote there is not a green light in which I've seen before. I know the batteries work. Also, I was able to get help to get to the roku language screen, but it is stuck on the french language.

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes, the tv screen displays the roku language screen for the remote in french

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Yes, the roku streaming stick is connected to the the TV. I had previous phone help to verifying that the stick is working fine and I did see a white light from the streaming stick which is blinking know.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Video Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

My email address is***@******.*** and please connect to the video expert as the remote is still inactive. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of except the remote is inactive but, I received help by phone to verify that the stick was working and active. TV Screen stuck on roku language French.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay, i will start working on it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried all the steps, but it still isn't working. I see on the TV screen the roku language with french language but no movement or green light on the remote after holding for 15 seconds.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh yeah when I turned the tv back on it was already on. Should the TV have been turned off completely before I unplugged it from the outlet?
tv should have been off sorryGive it another go but this time instead of the home button try it with the little round button inside the battery compartment it is usually purple or black.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will try again. I also, only disconnected the streaming stick from the tv, but did not disconnect from outlet. Will try that also, but I did indeed use the little black button found when I removed the back of the remote to access batteries
Okay make sure to disconnect from powe that is actually more inportant than the hdmi
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
unfortunately, it seems that the remote is not connecting to something. I know the batteries are good they have been tested.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am getting a white blink on the streaming stick. But no green light on remote

Did you ever try it with the home button on the remote?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is that located on the remote?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not familiar with the home button. What symbol is that?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
on my remote i Have a key the following.1. an arrow pointing left, 2.a picture of something that looks like a house at the top.
3.the purple up and down left to right purple area with the (ok) button. 4.arrow that circles around to left,5. a star button,6. left reverse and right reverse and 7.a button with a picture of a triangle with 2 straight up and down lines.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is the button that I said looked like a house at the top right of my remote considered the home button? I wasn't sure, but held it down for 15 seconds and nothing happened.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you able to continue working with me to resolve this issue?

I'm sorry I missed you, please try to send only a single reply and allow me time to receive it and respond. Multiple messages can be further delayed.

The home button is the house.

If nothing has worked still, then either your remote or the stick itself is faulty and would need to be replaced. The remote is more likely, but the cost of a remote alone is as much as a new system so you're actually better off buying a whole new roku with updated features and a fresh warranty, which will come with a new remote. You can get one for under $30 here: http://amzn.to/2CgPi3v

Louie, Technician