Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can not use search on youtube. screen goes back to home.

Customer Question
Can not use search...

Can not use search on youtube. screen goes back to home. search works fine on Netflix and amazon.

Technician's Assistant: What Amazon model do you have?

Don't know

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Amazon media player?

Amazon works fine. having trouble with you tube search function only.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Using Roku. Netflix and Amazon work fine. Using You tube search function when I enter a few letters the screen goes back to the home screen.

Please remove the power cord from the ROKU

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

still have the issue with you tube only. Netflix and Amazon work fine.

And this is happening within ROKU correct?

We have two ROKU’s. The problem is on the old ROKU only.
  1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.
Stuck ona screen with 3 steps for using a computer or mobile device, which I don’t want to use.

I am not sure what you mean.

You need to connect the ROKU and TV back together so please follow the steps on the screen

All set up. Netflix and Amazon are working fine. No You tube screens will come up at all. When I click on you tube the screen returns to home.

Did you have to add the Youtube channel back or was it already there?

The set up added it back.

Remove the channel then add it back

Don’t know how to delete channels.
  2. Move to the right and highlight the channel you wish to remove.
  3. Press the Star button on your remote to open the options menu.
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm when prompted.
Removed and added back. Still, when I try to enter the screen goes back to home.

Remove the channel then do the factory reset then add it back

Removed, factory reset, then added back, per your instructions. Same result with you tube - start to enter search data and screen goes back to home.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.
    • Note: The System update screen displays the current software and build version, along with the date and time of the latest update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.
Roku player software is up to date.

Interesting.

I am going to send a message to the Youtube developers to see if there is an issue with their app.