Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My jvc hr xv 31 video combi will not play vhs videos on my…

Customer Question
my jvc hr xv 31...
my jvc hr xv 31 video combi will not play vhs videos on my jvc tv it just keeps telling me there is no signal. The dvd works fine
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/25/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 3 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
What is the model of the system and how is it connected to your tv?
I have already given you the model number for the tv and the video dvd combo. they are connected by a scart lead and the Ariel.

So both the two connections are not working? The aerial one is a coaxial cable and can be used to record tv programs. Have you ever tried a different vhs? Can you get tv program the aerial through the vhr connection on the back right hand side of the system?

Everything else works fine and I get a very good tv picture and the dvd side plays fine

ok

are all your vhs tapes acts the same way? Do you see the counter on the front of the system moving?

all the vhs tapes do the same and the tapes are not in long enough for the counter to start, just a row of dashes. as soon as no service comes up the tape is ejected
Ok
Then the problem lies on the tape (VHS) loading and playing mechanism. It has nothing to do with signal path to the tv.
Are you able to take the cover off to do a visual inspection of tape loading mechanism.
Louie, Technician