Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

We have a Roku 3 and a Roku with an USB stick and two older…

Customer Question
We have a Roku...

We have a Roku 3 and a Roku with an USB stick and two older plug-in models. As of last week the Roku 3 and the stick tells us "connected to internet"... However when we plug in our two older models it connects to our wireless fine what's up can you tell me

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

A Roku 3 and a stick USB stick and to older just plain Roku models

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Unplugging and readjusting cables still the Roku 3 and the stick do not connect to wireless but the old ones do work on the same TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Lol thanks know this is confusing enough

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:
Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.
Remove the batteries from the roku remote
Wait 5 minutes,
reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in
put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote
when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.
Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did not work
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do not call

What specifically is not working? Where are you getting stuck?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We would like a refund did not get a satisfied answer and within 5 minutes you tried charged another $26 this is ridiculous

I cannot help you if you do not respond back, this is a back and forth conversation and requires your interaction.

You clicked on the phone call request, which is an extra 26, that was at your prompting, not mine.

I have no ability to cancel or refund anything. If you need more help, please continue the coversation.

Louie, Technician