Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

No signal sign bouncing on screen. Have unpluged entire

Customer Question
Hi no signal sign...

Hi no signal sign bouncing on screen. Have unpluged entire unit , and restarted. Wi Fi is hot in house. confused

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Arris , just replaced it and had the tech install it an updated codes the same day on the roku setting.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

All of the above , that I mentioned. ,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so everything was working yesterday since the new modem/router was installed

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Where do you get that " no signal" message , while attempting to watch regular tv ?

dont have regular tv flashing on blank tv screen

You said you had no signal bouncing around yes ?

What is it you are trying to watch when it does that ??

Im trying to put roku on to select a chanel put that screen doesnt come on

OK and this is an external roku , not a roku tv ?

If external , which HDMI input are you using ?

What input number ?

external yes. not sure what HDMI is have to leave soon

Try them all , it has to be HDMI and there can`t be that many

Look on the tv`s remote for the INPUT or SOURCE button then press it repeatedly to go through the various inputs until you get to your Roku box or select that input from the input list once opened

u meam video 2

If you still get nothing then make sure your HDMI cable or stick is connected securely and that your device is powered and on

I don`t know where you connected it but yes usually the cable box will be on hdmi 1 and roku on hdmi 2

I checked all that sorry I have to go thanks will try and figure it out
no cable box

As i said above

If that does not work after that then something is wrong , either the wiring or roku device itself

Try all hdmi or look atthe back of the tv what it say where it is connected

HHDMI 1, 2, 3 etc.