Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The remote will not move the cursor, it has new batteries…

Customer Question
The remote will not...

The remote will not move the cursor, it has new batteries and it is only 6 months old

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Roku box about 6 years old

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Unplugged several times, did not help

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Try removing the batteries from the Roku remote for 10 seconds and reinsert them. Let me know if the cursor responds please.

Were you able to try those steps? Is the remote working- or no?

no that did not work

Which model Roku box do you have (Roku 2, 3, Premiere, Express +, etc.)?

Any idea?

all it says is "roku"

Okay they make about a half dozen models. Look at the power cord inlet on the Roku- just below it, do you see a tiny pinhole reset button?

Hello?