Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just purchased a philips dvd player, I hooked it up with a…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a philips dvd player, I hooked it up with a hdmi cable and when I tried to use it, the tv says no signal

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes, I clicked it on dvd player and it says "no signal, is it on?"

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

It is connected to a power outlet and to the tv with a cable

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV and the Philips DVD player?
- Is there any other video source/ device connected to HDMI input of the TV?