Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Purchased a used care with an AVIC 5000 Nex stereo in it.

Customer Question
Purchased a used care...

Purchased a used care with an AVIC 5000 Nex stereo in it. When the battery went dead, it locked up, and the previous owners sign in screen...along with his hint...came up. I can't get into the stereo to reset the password. used car

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?

Not on the speakers. It is the stereo that is locked out.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting your speaker?

It is NOT the speaker, it is the stereo!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Still need an answer.

Looking at the 5000NEX, there is a very small hole to the left of the disc tray. Insert the small object and press the small button and hold it for 15 seconds then release. You want to make sure the player is turned on when you do this.