Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

Last night my screen froze and I have not been able to

Customer Question
Last night my screen...

Last night my screen froze and I have not been able to connect with my Roku screen since then. WiFi is working on all other devices so I don't think it is the internet server. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

In the upper right hand corner the HD1 logo appears but then the screen goes to fuzzy grey.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

To the tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No just that I checked my batteries in my remote and they are current.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:
Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.
Remove the batteries from the roku remote
Wait 5 minutes,
reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in
put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote
when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.
Let me know the results.

Thank you,

not working
should I try again its not letting me connect to HD1
are you able to help me?
it keeps asking me to run a channel search...I don't have cable

Try moving it to a different port,

ignore the scan, and change the input mode to match where you plug it in at

it won't let me choose the hd1 only shows tv

Use the input button on the tv itself.

not having any luck moving down to hd1

Are you using the tv buttons?

last night I was able to move the selection down to av component now I cant do that either
but I can't get the tv remove to move down the selections
there is no blue light on the Roku
can we start again?
what next?
can you help me or not?
are you there?
Louie, Technician