Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

MY CD PLAYER KEEPS GIVING ME A MESSAGE "ERROR" AND WILL NOT…

Customer Question
MY CD PLAYER KEEPS...

MY CD PLAYER KEEPS GIVING ME A MESSAGE "ERROR" AND WILL NOT PLAY CD'S

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

PANASONIC MODEL SA AK95

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic system?

UNIT IS 19 YEARS OLD. WORKED FINE NOW WHEN I TRY TO PLAY CD'S IT JUST KEEPS GIVING ME AN "ERROR" MESSAGE. I TRIED EVERYTHING

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 6 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.