Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I just broke my tv screen and i want to know if it can be…

Customer Question
I just broke my...

I just broke my tv screen and i want to know if it can be repaired? I live in stockton, CA

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

It fell and hit my tv stand and i get sound and stations clearly it is just the screen and it is cracked where it hit the stand with colored lines on the screen itself. I hope i explained good enuf!!

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Tv is only hooked to AT&T service

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is all

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately whenever these screens are impacted, or any external pressure is put on them it generally causes the screen to fail (the LCD panel has liquid in between two layers that produces the image). Anytime you see any defect in the screen after it's been hit- it does unfortunately indicate that the LCD panel is faulty and there aren't any fixes for this beyond replacing the entire screen of the TV (which costs 80% of what the TV cost when new, and requires dismantling and reassembly of the set to fix the issue). I'm sorry to have to tell you but the TV is not really repairable after there this occurs, aside from purchasing a used one of the exact same model on eBay and then disassembling it for it's screen.

The only other thing you can do to try and recoup some of the loss is to contact a site that purchases these sets with faulty/damaged screens and then sells the internal boards to TV repair shops. The site below is a used/pulled parts supplier and may be able to help on that end:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were an economical fix. Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician