Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

ROKU Specialists—The ROKU Screen appears on my tv but I

Customer Question
Hello ROKU Specialists—The ROKU...

Hello ROKU Specialists—The ROKU Screen appears on my tv but I can’t get my ROKU remote to interface with it even though I’ve put in fresh batteries.

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Hi Pearl! It says ROKU and lists Amazon, Netflix, etc.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

It’s connected to a power outlet. Should there be a light on the face of the ROKU box?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

We’re techno peasants so we’re not sure everything is correctly set up.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:
Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.
Remove the batteries from the roku remote
Wait 5 minutes,
reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in
put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote
when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.
Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Thank you Nathan. Unfortunately, it took such a long time to get a response that I cancelled my inquiry with JustAnswer before I heard back from you.

I apologize for any delay, I responded as soon as I saw your question. As it was quite late at night, few techs were online at the time but I did reply within 30 minutes it looks like. It does not appear anything was cancelled though, your question is still open. Do you need more help?

Thank you Nathan. I cancelled my request before you responded which is why I didn’t open your answer. I didn’t want to access advice I wasn’t paying for.

Okay, but as far as I can tell, nothing was cancelled, your question is still open, and you were charged the full agreed upon fees that you had signed up for on the payment page.