Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Remote will not turn on or off television, or change the…

Customer Question
Remote will not turn...

Remote will not turn on or off television, or change the stations or change the volume

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

The TV monitor will not turn on or off the television, increase or decrease the volume, or change the station

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Power outlet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

That's the problem. The batteries are okay – new batteries tried. Unplugging the television and then plugging it back in works, but only for a brief period of time.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 8 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

LC43N6100U sharp AQUOSNo devices are otherwise connected

OK, are the manual control buttons on the rear bottom of TV working to operate the TV power, volume etc?

OK, it could be the remote or remote sensor board in TV issue, lets try easy thing first that might work

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Already tried that. Initially it works, but an hour or so later it doesn't

OK, lets verify the remote with help of digital or cellphone camera, click the following link to watch the video clip for how to test the remote and reply back with the result...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLx4zBKTSiM