Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My computer and TV use cable system. Must I have wireless…

Customer Question
My computer and TV...

My computer and TV use cable system. Must I have wireless for the TV to have Roku work or is there an alternative?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sony 40W600B about 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu works. No other problem that I know of

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 40W600B? What happened right before this?

I only bought the Roku yesterday. I do not have cable available in the house where I live.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of right now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

You need wireless internet in order for the Roku to work- you don't need cable. Do you have internet where you're going to use the Roku?