Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I do not see any picture on my Roku I get a message saying…

Customer Question
Hello I do not...

Hello I do not see any picture on my Roku I get a message saying HDCP un authorised

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes, I can get into roku, selected News, I can hear the news but there is no picture of the news just say hdcp unauthorised

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

It connected to the TV

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

That message is simply an HDMI communication failure from the Roku to the TV.

1) Shut the TV off.

2) Disconnect the HDMI cable (or the Roku itself if using a stick) from the TV's HDMI port.

3) Wait 30 seconds and plug the HDMI back into the TV.

4) Power the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Let me know what happens.

thanks
You're welcome. Please scroll.up the page and follow the steps I just posted.
Were you able to try those steps?
I still am not getting any picture just hdcp unauthorized content disabled
Was this working before and then stopped? Which model Roku is it and how long have you owned it for?
I've had it for a few years it's just be playing Roku I believe
I can hear the voice of the news but no picture comes in showing me the newsletter
You still there
I'm unhappy with that response
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do not want to deal with you people so please reverse the charges that I got for $25 on my credit card and the $5 I do not want any service. You would have no help to me I will work it out myself. I didn't know that I was going to be charged $25 to talk to you online. This is some scam for sure.
Harry, Customer Service