Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

From MI, I've had my Roku for a few years. Love it. Except…

Customer Question
Hello from MI, I've...

Hello from MI, I've had my Roku for a few years. Love it. Except for today. Had a friend over to watch our Netflix series, Heartland. Roku would NOT WORK. The screen was blue with words floating NO SUPPORT. I unpluged the Roku from back of TV, counted to 10 and tried again. Same thing.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

I don't think so but I will go look. I do remember a white on the Roku device.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No power outage that I know of. The only cord that isn't black in the back of TV is the white thin one on the Roku device. When I unplugged from back of TV I pulled the big wide plug that was black.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I just have concerns that it isn't going to get me to Netflix to see my Series. I had two phone numbers in my drawer for ROKU HELP. Each one said my account would not allow tech support on the phone? WHY NOT?? What if I didn't have a computer.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The message on your screen simply means your TV lost communication with the Roku.

That said, what's the model number off the back of your TV, and WHICH MODEL Roku is this that you have?

If you can provide the info requested I can help you. I can't see what you have....

Hi, just back from Xmas party.
TV=vizio VW42L. FHDTV10A,(###) ###-####2.5A 50/60HZROKU=12V1A, Serial=1GS3AN098316
I don't have 26.00, I don't understand why it would cost to talk. I am very disappointed in Roku's service...not telling me what to do on the phone. I am so hoping u can fix this for me.
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I have been txt withAric, I hope you can see all my words sent to him. I can't repeat all of it...please.

Please remove the power cord from the ROKU

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

Harry, is the black heavier cord the one to take out of ROKU box?
what do you mean power it on? When I plug it in the box, isn't that the power?

It is the power cord that goes into the wall outlet

I called a friend and understood the power cord. I pulled off ROKU box. Waited the 2 min as advised. It DID NOT WORK. Same message appeared NO SUPPORT flying around the blue screen. Very disappointing. Now what??
My last message at 11:16 said I figured out power cord and did it. Waited the 2 min powered back on. It DID NOT work. Same message NO SUPPORT. Now what?

Have you tried using a different HDMI port?

I use tv remote to click down to HDM3, then ROKU shows up on screen. I was told only HDM3 will work. Hdm1 then takes me back to tv. What's next to try?

Please try using HDMI2