Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to enter my payment information on Roku.com and…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to enter my payment information on Roku.com and at the end, where I hit submit, I get a spinner and I cannot get past that point. I have tried twice today. I have tried before and just gave up

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

3600x

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

We have Sling Tv , Amazon and Netflix we have tried to sign up for other channels, like NBC, but when we are asked for our internet provider, we cannot find who we get our provider on the list

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that we have gotten frustrated with not being able to access channels because we do not know our internet provider.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Thomas, Technician replied 8 months ago
Thomas
Thomas, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

I want to start off by making sure you understand that you are speaking with an agent of JustAnswer.com and that I'm not affiliated with Roku in any way. I'm happy to offer assistance, but I hope that you won't allow your frustration with Roku to reflect on our interaction.

With that said, if you are trying to sign in to a network channel, you must sign in with your television provider's account. You aren't allowed to watch network channels such as NBC without an active television subscription through a cable or satellite provider. Do you have cable or satellite (Directv, Dish) television service?

no, we watch our television w/a Roku stick...just the internet

In that case you won't be able to watch network channels, such as NBC. Roku can't provide free access to channels that require an active television subscription.

If you have a friend that has Directv or Dish you could "borrow" their login and use NBC on your Roku. That is your only solution currently.

I know this info might not be what you wanted to hear, but I hope you won't rate my service negatively because of any frustration with Roku. If I can help with something else please let me know.

Thanks!