Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Q. Regards Blu-Ray Disc Player that is out of warranty. What…

Customer Question
Q. Regards ***** *****...

Q. Regards ***** ***** Player that is out of warranty. What is $ charge for this chat?

Technician's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Home Theater Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

O.K. This product was purchased in July 2013. My Comcast TV system was upgraded to Xfinity with wi-fi in Jan 2016. In the Blu-Ray settings, I put in my wi-fi Internet address and password, and up-graded the Panasonic Firmware, but when a Blu-Ray disc is inserted, and I press "play" on my Panasonic TV remote control (set to Blu-Ray( HDMI2), I get the message NO DISC INSERTED. Why?

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

My WiFi signal is strong, and all other devices using the internet work just fine, including the iPad I am using to chat with you.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

I don't have a separate router. The WiFi is hard-wired into the house from outside.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know. What other info do you need?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/17/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 5 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
Have you tried to different disks to verify that they are also not working?
None of my Blu-Ray Discs play, and they are ones we watched before. The message I greet is DISC NOT COMPATABLE.
It is something to do with the firmware.
Do you happen to know the version of the firmware?
No. System doesn't give version. When I checked in settings, message said "latest Firmware is already installed. Update not available. Firmware version is newer than installed version"

Ok, Can you please send me the exact model of this blue ray. I would like to do some research on the issue. I am thinking that we might have to manually re-install the firmware off line and try it. The firmware will have to be downloaded on a storage media and the wifi must be turned off. Simply, we might have to think about re-installing the older firmware and see if it will work.

No thank you. I already tried to use the disc player with the old Firmware, before I upgraded it, and got the same " no disc inserted" message. At this point, I feel completely dissatisfied with your answers, and I would like to get a refund.

ok sorry about that, Now you have already tried the firmware, we might what to test other things. Can you try to play a regular cd. I am asking this because, you might have a laser issue. Cd should be able to play.

I already tried playing a regular disc. We are talking about a DVD player, not a CD player. The same message came up, "no disc inserted".If the laser is no longer working properly, I would prefer to purchase a new Blu-Ray Disc Player, than spend additional money trying to get an answer from you.
Sorry about your experience. It is very difficult to diagnose problem here online as I spend time asking questions in order to properly identify the problem. Yes, laser on the system is the problem here. It could be stuck or dead. As you indicated above, this is the best answer I can give you without further troubleshooting. If you would like to dive deep into identifying what is causing the failure, please let me know. At this point, you should consider replacing the system as it would be cost effective to go this route.
Good luck to you and thanks for using just answer.
Thanks. I don't think further troubleshooting is warranted. I intend to replace the system. Too bad that such a considerable amount of time and effort was spent on both of our parts without success. S. Teller
Sorry we couldn't get this to work.
electronicsguy
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer