Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a 10 year old TV with HDMI inputs/outputs. Have a new…

Customer Question
Have a 10 year...

Have a 10 year old TV with HDMI inputs/outputs. Have a new AV receiver with HDMI ports. I connected Roki Premium + from Roku to TV HDMI input. That setup allows me to use Roku/Netflex, but with no sound. If I plug in a headphone into the Roku remote, I have sound. I sloo tried to connevct Roku to my reveiver HDMI input. But I can't get a picture that wau=y. Thoughts?

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Roku TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

HDMI from Roku to TV. Then tried using component cables for audio from TV out to Reveiver in. Still no sound.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

At this point no. that you for your help.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Thomas, Technician replied 8 months ago
Thomas
Thomas, Technician

Hi Ted. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

What is the model of your new AV Receiver?

Hi Thomas,I have solved the audio problem. My receiver is Sony model STRDH770. Now I have a different problem. The receiver keeps flipping over to standby mode. User manual says it is likely overheating do to speaker impedance issues. It is advising me to remove all speaker wires. Then hook up the middle speaker and run the receiver that way for 30 minutes. Then continue adding one speaker at a time to see if I can ID the issue. I have removed all speaker inputs and will start with hooking up the middle speaker. My question to you is-- is there a way to "reset" the standby mode or will it have to resolved it on its own as I fix the impedance issue. If it turns out to not be a speaker problem, I might as well return it for a new receiver. Thoughts?Ted Santo

What speakers do you have?