Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to get my old VCR to accept tapes, but they are…

Customer Question
I am trying to get...
I am trying to get my old VCR to accept tapes, but they are ejected even before they load
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your VCR.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the VCR.

It is a Sharp Model VCA514U

Appreciate the additional information; Sharp VCA514U.

Offhand, it would appear to be an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach?

Perhaps more importantly, would you be comfortable working on the inside circuitry? ...LIVE?

No, I need to stop and care for my wife...she is ill and I cannot stay near my computer

I understand.

I can't thanks

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads and offers.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.