Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I HAVE A NEW SAMSUNG AND CANNOT DETERMINE WHICH hdmi TO PLUG…

Customer Question
I HAVE A NEW...

I HAVE A NEW SAMSUNG AND CANNOT DETERMINE WHICH hdmi TO PLUG INTO,

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have?

Samsung un40mu629f

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Samsung media player?

Plugged into each hdmi left but software does not come up cable is in hdmi1

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
If you seem to lose me refresh your browser (F5 key )

What device or software are you talking about here ?

Roku

You can`t see the roku screen on the tv ?

Is it the stick or a box ?

Stick

You have the USB power plugged in ?

Instruction reads plug into hdmi that supports help 2.2
Yes it is plugged in
HDCP 2.2

OK for the hdmi and did you use the tv`s USB or the power pack that came with the stick ?

Do you see anything on the screen ?

HDMI that supports HDCP 2.2

Yes no problem , do you get anything on the screen right now ?

no it says
unknown hdmi 2
i have tried all four hdmi plug ins

Try it where the cable box is connected for a test

Looks like that stick has a problem , look for a reset button on it

it reads HDMI not supported
I am taking stick back as I have tried every HDMI, with tiki stick into wall outlet, tv usb, And cable box usb
Nothing works

OK then and I would suggest trying a box instead

They are much more stable than the stick

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician