Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Last night, I had my television on HDMI3 and watched movies.

Customer Question
Last night, I had...

Last night, I had my television on HDMI3 and watched movies. This morning, when I clicked on "source", the HDMI3 was not listed. It was in the gray area. When I clicked on it, it said, "device not connected." What happened overnight? I have called Samsung, and after the troubleshooting, they told me to contact you. As I; have written, HDMI3 is no longer an option in the dropdown menu. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is a Samsung, and about 4 years old. If you can wait a minute, I have to run back upstairs to get the model #.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, the menu works. I haven't tried the other TV's , because I never connect to HDMI3 on those.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

This has happened a few times. I watched movies on HDMI3 last night. Put it back to HDMI2, and turned it off. This morning, I no longer had the option.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

This is it. Thanks for your help.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you.
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website .
That being said , a few questions coming up
Please let me know when ready to proceed ,send me a hello .

What is connected in HDMI 3 ?
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?