Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Roku stopped working. The led flashes twice. This

Customer Question
My Roku stopped working...

My Roku stopped working. The led flashes twice. This indicates no wifi connection

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

My phone shows wifi is perfect when next to the Roku. The TV screen also has colored lines running through it, so after rebooting the Roku there is nothing to guide setting up the Roku.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

Yes, several times. All other devices like internet phone restart and work fine. Only the Roku does not work. I have also reset the Roku using the reset button. Nothing works.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything right now.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/16/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 7 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

Hi Welcome to just answer.

What is the model of the roku in question?

Where is the rest of my input? I have wifi as my phone has a full connection when next to the Roku. Also the TV screen shows only colored and bro***** *****nes, then goes blank. Everything was working fine up to two days ago, then stopped altogether. I have rebooted the wifi multiple times, reset the Roku multiple times. The TV works when on cable but not when switched to the Roku.

Thanks for the update. How many HMDI connectors do you have on your TV?

Have you tried to switch to a different HMDI input?

Have you tried a different HMDI cable?

There is only one HDMI connection..
I have tried all of the other connections, nothing works.

Ok. So the cable that goes to the tv from roku has already been tried?

Do you happen to have any other tv that you can try your roku?

I can try another TV. I will do that then reply.

I am asking this because I feel that we need to try all available options before pointing to what I think the problem is prematurely

Works fine on the other tv
what do you think the real problem is?

Ok thanks for the update

It is your tv hmdi input. If you would like to keep the tv, then you can purchase hmdi to component converter. I will send a link for you

Logic would dictate. However, just reset the Roku with the problem TV and it is now working fine. Seems more like a software problem.

ok great news. I hope everything continue to work for you. Do you need any other help?

If not please rate you experience here at just answer.