Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 2014-purchased Roku is exceedingly slow and sluggish, and…

Customer Question
My 2014-purchased Roku is...

My 2014-purchased Roku is exceedingly slow and sluggish, and almost unusable. Is there some way to reboot or re-establish its connection(s)?

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Seriel # is 186338063435

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I've used it to watch PBS, MLB, Amazon Prime and Netflix...but it's become so frustrating I've about given up trying to use it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Initially you can just unplug power to the roku for about 5 minutes,

failing that there is a factory reset (restore defaults) option within the menu that you can try. Following either, I'd recommend going into the menu and checking for and installing any available software updates (system update) in the menu too.

Let me know if those work for you, please.

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.