Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an several years old Sharp 5 disk cd/cassette player…

Customer Question
I have an several...

I have an several years old Sharp 5 disk cd/cassette player (attached to my turntable) that does not shut off using the power button. I have to unplug it or shut off the power strip to power it down. What can I do to fix this? And does your assistance cost anything?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?

I don't see any lights on the front of the speakers. I can get a ladder to check the back if that is needed. The front of the cd player has a display that continues to swirl words such as "Jazz, rock, hello," etc. after the power button is pushed to off. I have to unplug it to get that display to shut down

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting your speaker?

No, how do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Home Theater Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 day by:
12/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help with the question.

Thank you.

To answer your question above: Yes, our services are a paid service.

Do you wish to continue?

just as long as it does not exceed what I have already paid ($5 + $36)
I unplugged all of the cables (except one marked Am Loop)and the speakers in the back of the cd player and the electricity. A day or so later I plugged everything back in but there is still the same problem of the power button on the cd player not shutting the power off. I have to unplug the electricity in order to shut off the player. How can I make the power button on the player function again?

A power button issue is a hardware issue which is something that would either require the button to be replaced or there is a wiring issue in the device. Either way, you will need someone locally to take a look. What is your zip code?

My zip code is 33510

Please call:

Mister Sparky

(###) ###-####/p>