Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

On one of my DVR's (the main box) everything works fine. On…

Customer Question
On one of my...

On one of my DVR's (the main box) everything works fine. On the other DVR (the much smaller box) everything has been working fine as of last light. The this afternoon when I turned it on, it said "something is not quite right" and suggested 2 things for me to do: Check to see the cable is tightly secured and to unplug the DVR for 10 seconds. I did both, and I am sure the DVR would work because the screen said it was downloading, and may take a few minutes. But I still get the same error message that "something is not quite right". What do I do next? Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Your xfinity box it connected to my Sony smart TV and the sound is connected to the Bose home theater system.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Sony TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes, and as I said it has been working (over a year) until this afternoon.

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

HDMI

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No I don’t. After checking the cables and unplugging the DVR 4 times, I gave up and contacted you guys. Then just at dinner after the system was off for over an hour I turned it on and it worked. So how do I now cancel the trial subscription so I will not be charged the $36? Thank you.