Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Because of Hurricane Irma my son's DVD player is now

Customer Question
Because of Hurricane Irma...

Because of Hurricane Irma my son's DVD player is now blinking and will not work - is there anyway I can fix it

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

LG electronics 2016

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your LG media player?

Turning on and off - outting in a DVD - can put DVD in player won't play

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No just how to fix it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the DVD never 'comes online', never stops trying to spin up and read, then two things can be done:

1. if it got wet or even damp, it should be unplugged, opened up (all hatches and covers) as much as possible to allow air into it, and dried out that way, unplugged and not powered by batteries either, for at least 3 days, before trying it again.

and 2. Try a CD lens cleaning kit on the DVD drive part of the player. This is a disc which one inserts after moistening it with a special cleaning solution, which cleans the lens of the player, in case it is occluded with dirt or condensation or other stain. An example of the lens cleaning kit is this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Power-Gear-33628-Laser-Lens-Cleaner-For-Cd-Dvd-Blu-ray/52213767?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0

or

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/endust-laser-lens-cleaner-blue/5611319.p?skuId=5611319&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=7b5f8f47-e9df-468a-8955-703d4467540f&ksprof_id=16&ksaffcode=pg252604&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI69nsqM6K2AIVWrnACh36PAatEAQYASABEgLDDPD_BwE

After that, it would need a trip to an LG repair facility, or else to be replaced. If it comes to having it repaired, feel welcome to Reply and tell me your locale, and I will point you to a local LG repair facility.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.