Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My roku will not connect to the internet. This has been

Customer Question
My roku will not...

My roku will not connect to the internet. This has been going on for days. We have pulled out the plug and reconnected. It stays connected as long as we watch on programs. We we close out of rook and go back another day, the same thing happens. This has happened perhaps 4 times. Today, we cannot reconnect at all.

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

No trouble connecting to the internet on my computer.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

My router lights are on. By digital media player do you mean the roku?

Technician's Assistant: The Video Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I'm aware of. My computer is not in the same room as the television. Can I have the technician call on my land line?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

The Roku connected while I was typing. Do I need to purchase the$25 option? I would like to cancel that if possible.
We know all the recommended ways to reconnect. I found a number for Roku tech support only because it failed to work after several tries. Then the next try worked without your help. Am I still committed to the $25 option? I hope not.